QCA is a provincial association, formed in 1958, for professionals in all areas of guidance and counselling, in both the public and private sectors. As the voice of Anglophone counsellors in Québec, we encourage the active participation of our members in planning and shaping the future of our profession.
- Keep our members informed with regard to trends and developments in guidance and counselling.
- Ensure our members' professional growth through publications, professional development events and information services.
- Promote the interests and endeavours of our members by networking with a variety of private and public organizations.
- Collaborate with other associations in the helping professions in order to maintain or enhance the quality of available services.
Services and Benefits
- Professional Development
- Workshops on a wide variety of topics identified by the membership and the community; funding for professional development through reduced cost of workshops for members; opportunities to voice concerns, share ideas and become better informed about current issues.
Three times yearly a newsletter is published which includes topical articles, book reviews, workshop summaries, and a calendar of events, as well as news from QCA affiliations.
The Justine Harris Award is given annually to a counsellor in recognition of outstanding contributions to the profession.
Liaison with Other Associations
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Ordre des conseillers et conseillères d'orientation du Québec
- Ordre des psychologues du Québec
- Quebec Community Groups Network
- Le Ministère de l'Education du Quebec